TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect the necessary information in order to provide the service to meet your needs. Typically this information includes:
– contact details (full name, e-mail address, home address, work address, land line and mobile phone number),
– credit card details (card type, credit card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code),
– details which help us improve the quality of our service to you (arrival and departure dates, date of birth, gender, names and ages of spouse and children, room preferences, nutritional preferences, recreational activities, etc.)
– information collected from your visits to our website (via cookies),
– ‘special (sensitive) category data’ (allergies and other health issues which may require particular handling on our part).
WHY WE NEED THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We would like to keep you updated regarding the collection and use of the personal data that comes into our possession when you are informed about our services and / or when you visit our hotel. We will never ask for more information than necessary to fulfil your requests and communicate effectively with you. In general, we collect information in order to:
– make contact when you make a reservation at our hotel,
– reply to emails and in general, to manage any requests you may have prior to your arrival as well as during your stay at our hotel,
– provide information regarding our hotel,
– send newsletters as well as other informative material,
– adjust our services according to your preferences,
– use our digital applications on your mobile devices,
– to receive your comments during and following your stay at our hotel,
– to provide additional services during your stay at our hotel.
We always ask for your consent before we use your personal data for purposes other than those relating to the provision of our services, for direct marketing purposes such as sending emails and newsletters. We also ask for your consent regarding the “sensitive” personal data you entrust us with, such as your ethnic origin and your state of health.
Please be aware that you may withdraw consent at any point in time by contacting us at email@example.com Particularly in terms of promotional messages and newsletters you receive from us, you can always opt out by clicking on the link included in these communications.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
We will never pass on your information to third parties unless:
– you have given us specific consent to do so,
– it is necessary in order to provide a service you have requested (for example to arrange transport from the airport/port or other arrival point to our hotel),
– companies or service providers conducting business on our behalf require such information in order to perform the tasks set out in their agreements with us (for example credit card processing, customer service support, market research management or database management services),
– it is required by law by a court order or at the request of any other governmental, judicial, police, administrative or regulatory authority, upon a legal request and in accordance with the relevant laws,
– in the event of an emergency such as the saving of a person’s life, health or property.
When information is transferred to third parties as mentioned above, we ensure that we only transfer the absolute necessary information in order to carry out the task required.
Unless otherwise prohibited by any legal process, third parties are obliged and bound to WindmillsHotel to protect your personal data in accordance with our policy and to comply with the relevant laws and regulations on privacy.
RETAINING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep your personal information in a way that allows you to identify yourself only as long as it is required for the purpose of collection and processing. In addition, the retention time for some of your personal information may be subject to applicable law, as well as to our own policies regarding dispute resolution, complaint handling, fraud prevention and other illegal activities. After the retention period, your personal data is destroyed, deleted or made anonymous.
You have a number of rights with regards to your personal data kept by us according to European data privacy legislation. Specifically, you may ask us to:
– provide you with a copy of your data,
– correct your data in the instance where you find these are inaccurate,
– delete your data for specific reasons,
– minimize the processing of your data,
– hand over your data in an appropriate form as well as transfer this data to another business or enterprise,
– discontinue the processing of data provided to us with your consent and specifically those data we use to send promotional material and newsletters.
In order to carry out any of the above mentioned actions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will promptly review your request with respect to the relevant provisions of the data privacy legislation and will reply to you within thirty days of receiving your request. If we are unable to respond promptly, for reasons of complexity of the request or a multitude of requests, we will notify you within thirty days of any delay, which in no case may exceed two months from the end of the 30-day deadline. We may ask you for identification (identity or passport) to prevent unauthorized disclosure of your personal data.
To ensure that your personal data is accurate and up-to-date, we recommend that you regularly update your information accordingly (in the instance of a change of home or email address).
We acknowledge the importance of data security and are in a constant process of reviewing and improving the technical and organizational measures we take. For both our website and our server as well as our information infrastructure, we have determined and implemented appropriate security measures to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. While there is no “guaranteed security” either inside or outside the Internet, we protect your information by using appropriate administrative, procedural and technical safeguards.
When you visit our website, we receive information about your use of small alphanumeric character files called cookies which are stored on your computer. Cookies assign a unique ID to your computer which becomes your own identity each time you return to our site.
Cookies are designed to save you time by helping us provide you with a customized experience without having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our website. Cookies do not damage your electronic equipment, nor can they read information from other files on your computer’s hard drive.
Our cookies follow you only while you are on our website and do not collect information when you leave our website to visit a different one. Our cookies are not the only ones present on your computer and therefore we do not bear responsibility for the presence of third party cookies and the way in which they are used.
The application (browser) you use to visit websites can be configured to handle cookies according to your preferences:
– accepting all cookies,
– refusing all cookies,
You should contact your browser manufacturer or supplier to receive accurate information about cookie security settings. Please be advised that if you disable all cookies, you may not be able to fully use our website.
LIABILITY DISCLAIMER FOR THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Although the website may contain links to third party websites, it is in no way responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites and expressly disclaims any liability for any loss or damage caused by using the abovementioned links. We do not monitor the privacy practices or the content of these websites. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of another website, you should contact the responsible privacy officer of the website.
PERSONAL DATA OF UNDERAGED PERSONS
Our practice is not to acquire and / or knowingly maintain information about persons under the age of sixteen (16) other than those that are given to us by their guardian (parents, guardians) and are absolutely necessary for the provision of our services (eg placement of a baby cot in a room).
We would like you to contact us regarding issues in relation to your personal data and privacy protection. Please feel free to get in touch with us regarding any of the following:
– updating your details,
– changing our communication method,
– discontinuing of updates and promotional emails,
All Bookings at the Hotel are subject to these Terms.
At the time of booking or at check-in, we will take your credit/debit card details and you authorise the use of this card for any sums that become owing to us. We shall also have the right to require full payment in advance or a deposit at the time of booking in certain circumstances or if the Booking includes the supply of certain items or services. No Booking shall be treated as confirmed until the details and/or payment/deposit described in this paragraph have been provided.
The prices displayed on the Websites are an average per night per 2/3/4 person until a rate is selected. A minimum length of stay, deposit and other conditions may apply to certain rates, as specified. Once a rate is selected on the Websites, the total for your requested stay shall be displayed on the reservation summary. Prices shall be charged in the local currency of the Hotel.
The VAT breakdown shown is indicative based on the current rate of VAT, and the expected VAT treatment of the goods or services. VAT will be payable at the prevailing rate applicable at the tax point of the invoice or Booking confirmation issued, and may change depending on the actual rate and the VAT treatment of the goods and services purchased at that date.
- Check-in/ Check-out Requirements
In the interests of security and to prevent fraud, at the time of check-in, guests are required to confirm their identity by providing their booking reference; their passport/identity card and a valid credit or debit card which will be swiped in the presence of the card holder. These records will be kept for at least 12 months and may be disclosed or made available for inspection by any police officer or as otherwise required by applicable law in connection with the prevention or investigation of crime. The information above may be requested for each member of your party over the age of 16 and we reserve the right to refuse entry to persons who cannot provide the information set out above.
Unless otherwise stated on the booking confirmation, Guests may check-in at any time from 2.00 p.m. on the scheduled day of arrival.
On the day of departure we kindly ask all guests to vacate their rooms by 12.00 noon (unless a later departure is stated as part of your Booking). Late check-out after this time can be requested subject to availability and will be charged at an hourly rate at the discretion of the Hotel.
Rooms are subject to maximum occupancy rules set by the Hotel. If you would like further details please contact the Company or the Hotel.
We accept the following methods of payment: credit cards: American Express, MasterCard/Diners International, Diners Club, JCB International Credit Card, Visa; debit cards – Visa/Delta and Visa/Electron.
When booking online a prepayment will be charged to your card. The prepayment corresponds to 33% of the total price of the booking. The remaining amount will be paid upon check in. In case of failure to check in on the scheduled date the prepayment will held and the booking will be cancelled unless the hotel is contacted for your late check in or late delay.
At the time of check-in we will authorise the accommodation charges (room rate, VAT and any service charge) and anticipated incidentals for the duration of your stay against your credit/debit card. We may also choose to accept a deposit in place of payment card authorisation by another valid form of payment, including cash.
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations at windmillshotel.com.cy is accepted only by phone but the prepayment is not refundable.
Pernera Avenue 75